Absolutely raw and unbeautified, yet poignant and occasionally powerful – that’s what moments taken from our field notebooks can be. That’s what #FieldNotesFriday is all about.
Here’s the challenge – no – the invitation. Post a page, thought, picture, quote, or any tidbit from your field notebook every Friday. Or even some Fridays. Do it via Facebook, or Twitter, or WordPress, or any and all of the above and more. Share thoughts you had and/or observations you made while outside or while learning about the universe. Use the hashtag #FieldNotesFriday.
Are you already journaling? Whether it’s a nature journal, field journal, science notebook, or whatever – share!
Are you an interpreter, scientist, wanderer, amateur, professional, naturalist? Share your thoughts!
Haven’t started your field notes/nature journal? Now is a great time, with a growing community of fellow journalers/observers/musers to support you. There are no rules, no wrongs – but there is certainly advice, and lots to be learned and gained from sharing.
So here is my first ever #fieldnotesfriday – not beautiful, not doctored, not deep or even in focus. But I’m grateful to have been introduced to keeping field notes, and I’m ecstatic that I kept these memories and realizations.
I’m not often going to post a full explanation of my notes (though I might this week). I don’t want the explanation and amount of words to become a barrier to posting. I just want to post, share, inspire, and I want you to do the same thing. And together, we’ll inspire more people to go outside and just sit… and walk… and play… and explore… and be… and observe… and enjoy… And you know what enjoying a place leads to: Loving it. And protecting it.
And now, I make a prediction. You and I, and all who participate in #FieldNotesFriday, will:
- Go outside more often and for longer
- Enjoy the outdoors more completely
- Make keener observations
- Write more boldly and freely
- Write field notes more often
- Build a community around nature and journaling that benefits others and ourselves
So won’t you join us?
- Handmade Nature Journal (zeldapeach.wordpress.com)
- How-To // Journaling (baublesandbourbon.wordpress.com)
- Win the New No. 120 Field Notes Cover (theoccupationalhobo.wordpress.com)
- Field Notes Planner System (simpleideasandthoughts.wordpress.com)